God’s people are people of mission. We become alive when we walk out the plans and purposes that God has for us! So, our desire is to move from being active disciples to activated disciples. Love in action is powerful.
Kingdom is family. We give many opportunities to serve the family here at Newsong. Through leading small groups, teaching our kids, leading worship, to making people feel at home through Hospitality; all have a part to play in the family! Join in the Song!
- Kindred Meal Ministry Information and Sign-ups - One easy way to serve each other is through our meal ministry "Kindred". We have families with new babies or sometimes people that are recovering from illness or surgery that could use a meal.
We engage in outflow events such as community serve days, extreme home makeovers, Kids Zone at 'Tawba Walk, and more. We've organized projects that hauled out over 80 tons of trash for the disadvantaged and elderly!
It is our desire that our outreach would be more than an event or program, but that it would simply flow out of our lives.
Sometimes we do things solo, but other times we realize that there are some things that can only be done by joining together with other Christ-centered ministries. Some of our Community ministry partners include:
- Kindred Food Pantry - Our community food pantry is open to anyone who is in need of assistance with food security whether you attend Newsong or not. If you or someone you know is in need of groceries please click HERE. For a suggested shopping list / to see what we are in need of click HERE.
- Caterpillar Ministries - partners with our neighbors in the Huntington Green community in Huntersville, N.C., to experience together the abundant life through Christ. Through genuine relationship, we offer ourselves as the hands and feet of Jesus by providing educational, spiritual and mentoring programs to the more than 450 children and adults we serve.
- Love Life Charlotte - Love Life is uniting and mobilizing the church to create a culture of love and life that will bring an end to abortion and the orphan crisis in Charlotte and across the U.S.
- Uganda: Worship Harvest Ministries is catalyzing spiritual, social and economic renewal in communities throughout Uganda. They do this by planting Missional Communities to care for one another as family and carry Kingdom impact into the world.
- Israel: Together for Israel is about partnering with the church for the salvation of Israel.
- Rwanda: We help support a Newsong family, the Hales, who partnered with Be2TheWorld and moved to Rwanda to help rebuild lives, families, and countries through education.
- Tanzania: Ezekiel's River: a training movement that inspires, equips, and connects church leaders to advance the Kingdom of God
- Kenya: Flourish Kenya: A ministry to at risk young women in Kenya.
At Newsong, we believe that all of the spiritual gifts of
1 Corinthians 12 are available to believers to make us effective in God's mission.