God’s people are people of mission. We become alive when we walk out the plans and purposes that God has for us! So, our desire is to move from being active disciples to activated disciples. Love in action is powerful.
Kingdom is family. We give many opportunities to serve the family here at Newsong. Through leading small groups, teaching our kids, leading worship, to making people feel at home through Hospitality; all have a part to play in the family! Join in the Song!
Newsong exists to bless the people and the place of Lake Norman. We engage in outflow events such as community serve days, extreme home makeovers, Kids Zone at 'Tawba' Walk, and more. We've organized projects that hauled out over 80 tons of trash for the disadvantaged and elderly!
We help several local communities:
Crisis assistance (financial and other resources)
Education - tutoring and testing center for CMS
Home School Support group
Domestic Violence relocation
It is our desire that our outreach would be more than an event or program, but that it would simply flow out of our lives.
Sometimes we do things solo, but other times we realize that there are some things that can only be done by joining together with other ministries. Some of our Community ministry partners include:
- Caterpillar Ministries - partners with our neighbors in the Huntington Green community in Huntersville, N.C., to experience together the abundant life through Christ. Through genuine relationship, we offer ourselves as the hands and feet of Jesus by providing educational, spiritual and mentoring programs to the more than 450 children and adults we serve.
- The Lantern Project - Take an active stand against human trafficking and sexual exploitation. Become a beacon of light that safeguards yourself, your loved ones, and your community from this humanitarian crisis.
- Ignite Movement UNCC - Bringing hope, purpose and faith community to campus. A family movement committed to seeing college campuses and cities transformed by the reality of the Gospel.
- Love Life Charlotte - Love Life is uniting and mobilizing the church to create a culture of love and life that will bring an end to abortion and the orphan crisis in Charlotte and across the U.S.
- Uganda: Worship Harvest Ministries is catalyzing spiritual, social and economic renewal in communities throughout Uganda. They do this by planting Missional Communities to care for one another as family and carry Kingdom impact into the world.
- Israel: Together for Israel is about partnering with the church for the salvation of Israel.
- Tanzania: Ezekiel's River: a training movement that inspires, equips, and connects church leaders to advance the Kingdom of God
- Kenya: Flourish Kenya: A ministry to at risk young women in Kenya.
- World: Zion Company: Zion Company International is a global ministry that seeks to engage haven and transform earth through the life-giving Person of Jesus Christ. The mission of our ministry is to reveal Jesus in word and deed, demonstrating His Kingdom, power, and glory to the nations!
- World: Sonship International: Eric Gilmour is an author, musician, and itinerant speaker who travels domestically and internationally. He and his wife Brooke are the founders of Sonship International- a teaching ministry committed to strengthening the church. Their hearts are to bring the church into a deeper experience of God's presence in their daily lives. With over one hundred thousand subscribers on YouTube Eric's music and teachings have aided millions of people in resting in the presence of God.